(Last updated 16th Dec, 2020)
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
- Acceptance and Use
- Who We Are?
- Summary of Personal Information and Use
- Purposes of Data Collection
- Data Collection Methods
- Data Protection Principles
- Collection of Data From You
- We Do Not collect the Following
- Information Collected Through Technology
- How We Use Your Data
- Disclosure of Information with your Consent
- Your information rights
- Data Subjects for (EEA), (California) and (Nevada Citizens)
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Our Policy towards Children
- Do Not Track Disclosures
- Data Security
- Contact Us
Stellar (“we”, “us”, or “Our”) respects the privacy rights of its users and understands the importance of protecting and handling information collected about you in accordance with the law and best practice. This Privacy Notice has been composed for providing you with the information that you are entitled to (in case you are a private person, i.e. a data subject) according to Article 13 and Article 14 of EU General Data Protection Regulation, i.e., Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the U.S Federal Trade Commission FTC and The Indian Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 ("PDPB").
2. Acceptance and Use
3. Who We are?
We are specialized in Data Recovery, Email Repair, Email Conversion, File Repair, and Data Erasure solutions (BitRaser).
4. Summary of Personal Information and Use
Stellar may collect or obtain Personal Data about you, and this information may be stored or processed within the U.S. or India or any other Region or Country as the case may be through the following methods:
- Directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you purchase the software);
- When you visit, download or install our software;
- When you sign-in or sign up to use any of our Services whether in full or in part;
We may also receive Personal Information about you from third parties.
5. Purposes of Data Collection
For data collection methods as described for Stellar, following are examples of use of this Personal Information:
- Provision of Services to you
- Offering and Improving the Software
- Completing your Purchase
- User Engagement
- Lead Generation
- Legal Compliance
6. Data Collection Methods
The personal data we collect from you, and the way we collect it from you, include the following methods when you:
- Use our software
- Contact us for a complaint, or communication from or to us through: chat,email & form.
- Use our products and services as an authorized user
7. Data Protection Principles
“Personal data” means any information that enables us to identify you directly or indirectly, such as email address, telephone or mobile number, and / or any form of identification or one or more factors specific to your or your beneficiary’s identity. We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws including the U.S Federal Trade Commission who are in charge of the Federal Privacy and Data Protection regulations in the United States and The Indian Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 ("PDPB") and will ensure that personal data is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- Kept securely.
8. Collection of Data From You
When you sign up or sign in as a user, we collect the following
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII). We may ask you to provide your name, phone number, email address, and billing information.
- Rough geo-location information. We collect your zip code and other rough information about your location when using the Services, solely to display information for your local Stellar station and provide you with localized content.
- Your content. We collect comments and other information that you post through interactive online features. However, all such information is either canned or moderated to avoid collecting personal information and help to maintain a safe environment for users.
- Information about how our Services are used. We may collect information such as preferences, how you use our software, if you purchase the premium package etc.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, we will collect and store the information you provide associated with your transaction, such as your name, phone number, email, and payment information, as well as any other information you provide, in order to process your transaction, send communications about the transaction to you, and facilitate future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers and other sensitive payment information, that information is encrypted using industry standard technology.
- Device information. We may collect information about your device, including hardware model, operating system version, and unique identifiers
- Correspondence: Survey responses, the information provided to our support team or user research team.
9. We do not collect the Following
To comply with the children GDPR Data protection laws, we are only entitled to collect the information stated above. We are not authorize to collect the below information and will never collect.
- Children Data.
- Biometric or health data;
- Information that directly identifies a child (such as name, e-mail address, phone number);
- Personal information of a child, unless we endeavor to obtain a parent or legal guardian's consent or otherwise comply with law.
10. Information Collected Through Technology
While you visit the Stellar site and remain anonymous, Stellar or its third party service providers may still collect non-personal information about your use of the Stellar materials (e.g. Your internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your internet service provider).
Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
- Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device’s hard drive which works by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Stellar site. Cookies do not generally contain any personal information. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Stellar materials unavailable to you.
- IP address. You may visit many areas of the Stellar site anonymously without the need to become a sign up user. Even in such cases, Stellar may collect ip addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an internet services provider. Each time you access the Stellar site and each time you request one of Stellar’ pages, the server logs your IP address.
- Beacons. Beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Stellar may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Stellar sends to users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from the use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that constitutes personal information.
11. How We Use Your Data
For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Stellar is the "data controller". We will not use any Data you submit to us if you do not give us your express consent. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy we may use your Personal Data for the following purposes where you visit the Website to use our software:
- To provide you access to download and use our software.
- To provide you with updates to our software.
- To process your purchase, payment, contest chargebacks, determine your eligibility for a line of credit, or notify you of the status of your order,
- For fraud monitoring and prevention purposes,
- To provide you with a personalized shopping experience,
- To register your purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes,
- To provide notice of your purchase to the provider of an online service for which you purchase a service use right from us,
- To establish an account for future purchases that you have consented to,
- To facilitate the renewal of subscriptions for products or services
- To provide you with an effective experience and support (which may, as allowable by law, include contacting visitors who start a checkout process to follow-up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with their use of the Website).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure any person or entity receiving Personal Data for the purposes described above, are obligated to keep the Personal Data secure. If any Special Categories of Data are being collected, received or retained by an external entity, details of such entity will be shared with you if required by Applicable law. Our obligations will not, apply to information shared with any Government entity mandated under law to obtain such information or by an order under law for the time being in force.
12. Disclosure of Information with your Consent
Subject to the limitations described in the EU GDPR Data protection laws, the U.S Federal Trade Commission and The Indian Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 ("PDPB"), we may disclose your information to third parties in connection with the provision of our Service or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose your information with your consent, or where we have obtained your express consent to do so. However, you may revoke these consents.
- Our third-party and Service providers (collectively "vendors") that provide services to enable us to provide the Service, such as the hosting of the Service, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, and other similar services;
- Our vendors that provide services to enable us to run our business and administrative operations, such as legal and financial advisory services, auditing services, analytics and similar services;
- Our vendors that provide services to enable us to promote and advertise the Service and the products and/or services offered via the Service, such as ad platforms or ad-retargeting services, as well as comply with contact removal requests or requirements, such as mailing list removal services, do not call registries, and similar services;
- Vendors as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with Applicable laws;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock with such third party.
- We may de-identify your information and disclose such de-identified information for any purpose not prohibited by Applicable law.
13. Your Information Rights
14. Data Subjects for (EEA), (California) and (Nevada Citizens)
Legal Basis for Processing EEA Data Subjects
For individuals who are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland (collectively “EEA Residents”) at the time their personal data is collected, we rely on legal bases for processing your information under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We generally only process your data where we are legally required to, where the processing is necessary to perform any contracts we entered with you (or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you), for our legitimate interests to operate our business or to protect Stellar software and website or your, property, rights, or safety, or where we have obtained your consent to do so.
Shine the Light (For California Citizens) CCPA
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt-out of this type of sharing.
To exercise a Shine the Light request, please contact us privacy[@]stellarinfo.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone, email, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us here or email us at privacy[@]stellarinfo.com,bitraser.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
15. Your Data Protection Rights
We enable you to make numerous choices about your data: Below are the following data protection rights you have when you use our services.
- You may choose not to provide us with certain information.
- You may choose not to register an account with us
- You may choose not to download our software, for during the process of downloading and installing the software you might be prompted to provide us with your email address and password.
- If you request access to your personal data we will confirm whether we hold your information and provide you with a copy, explaining how we process it and why, how long we store it for and your rights associated with it.
- If you request deletion of your personal information, we will erase it. Please do note that we will need to retain any information that we require to fulfil our legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- You have the right to opt-out of email marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- You have the right to Opt-out Of Messages from Us: To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should unsubscribe in the body of the promotional message that was sent to you (found at the bottom of the email) or send an unsubscribe request to us at Privacy@stellarinfo.com,bitraser.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
For more information, please contact us, and we will send you a link or data protection officer address. He can provide further information about your rights and our obligations to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
16. Our Policy towards Children
Stellar respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the GDPR Children's Online Privacy Protection. This Policy describes our practices concerning the collection of personal information from children under the age of 18. This site does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 18 without prior parental consent. However, we may provide our service to children under 18 years of age but in the supervision of a parental guardian.
17. Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, Stellar do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
18. Data Security
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal data and have measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the data under our control. We employ modern and secure techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals, and we regularly upgrade our security as better methods become available. Our data centers and those of our partners utilize modern physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the facility. In addition, all personal data is stored in a secure location behind firewalls and other sophisticated security systems with limited (need-to-know) administrative access.
22. Contact us