Summary: Mobile diagnostics tests help evaluate the various components and functions of a mobile device to ensure that it is functioning properly before it is resold. Mobile resellers, retailers, and refurbishers find mobile diagnostics tests extremely useful. Read our blog to learn five essential mobile diagnostics tests that mobile retailers must perform on iOS and Android devices to gauge second-hand device health cum performance.
Statista reports that “In 2021, there were over 251 million used smartphone units shipped globally, a market that includes both officially refurbished and used smartphones. By 2027 there will be over 200 million more shipments than in 2021, resulting in a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.23 percent.” The substantial growth of the used smartphone market has opened up massive opportunities for mobile refurbishers, mobile resellers, retailers, repair shops, and second-hand smartphone dealers. However, it’s important to remember that Smartphone Diagnostics play a crucial role in this endeavor. Series of Phone diagnostic tests are carried out with the help of DIY software such as BitRaser Mobile Diagnostics, that tests various components and functions of smartphones such as the battery, display, speaker, microphone, camera, and connectivity options, to ensure that the device is functioning properly.
Popular models such as the iPhone 13, iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy S21, Google Pixel, OnePlus 9, and Google Pixel 5a are amongst the most popular second-hand mobile devices on the market that draw attention from refurbishers. Having a certified Mobile Diagnostic report for these devices resale can help refurbishers derive maximum return.
What are the Essential Mobile Diagnostic Tests For Mobile Refurbishers?
Let’s look at the must-have 5 Essential Mobile Diagnostics Tests that Mobile Retailers, Refurbishers, and Resellers must perform at the time of resale of the device.
- Carrier Signal: Perhaps the most essential test would be to check for the signal strength and how well the antenna works. A mobile diagnostics software should perform carrier signal checks to determine the ability of the mobile phone to receive and maintain a strong signal from the carrier network, which is essential for making and receiving calls, accessing the internet, and using data services.
- Camera: Selfies, reels, and posts are an important part of everyone’s lives, so how well the camera works and in what condition it is in is an important requirement for buyers.
A diagnostics tool like BitRaser helps in checking the macro camera in models like Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max, Huawei P50, OnePlus 10 Pro, etc. Furthermore, using the tool you can check the ultra-wide camera in models like Samsung Galaxy S22, Google Pixel 7, iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max, OnePlus 9 series, etc. Other camera tests that should be performed include:
- Camera Autofocus
- Front Camera
- Front Camera Video
- Rear Camera
- Rear Camera Video
- Ultra Wide Camera
These tests provide a very clear picture of the camera functionality and can help increase the value of the mobile device.
- Touch Screen: All Android & iOS devices are prone to dead pixel and touch screen issues, it can crop up on any device so it’s prudent to know before buying the mobile devices. Resellers wouldn’t want to sell smartphones with dead pixels or touch issues it drives the value down and increases the chances of return merchandise authorizations (RMAs). The following checks should be performed using diagnostics software to validate the working of the Touch Screen:
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Auto Rotation
- Screen Damage
- Screen Lock Key
Mobile devices with scratch-free screens and well-responsive touch are highly sort after, so repairing a damaged screen can help drive the value of the device.
- Bluetooth: Smartphones can connect to and control multiple devices via Bluetooth, bringing the world closer together. Bluetooth testing is an important part of Mobile Diagnostics because it ensures that the device’s functions are operational, such as the ability to make and receive calls, transfer files, and connect to other devices, that it works with other devices, and that it provides a pleasant user experience.
- GPS: Most apps today offer listings according to your location, so the GPS signal must be strong to provide accurate navigation. GPS is a critical component of a mobile device’s location services, and testing it is essential for ensuring that the device can accurately determine its location and provide the correct information to navigation and mapping applications. GPS diagnostics further helps refurbishers identify and resolve accuracy problems, ensuring that devices provide the most accurate location information possible.
Mobile Diagnostic tests for carrier signal, camera, touch screen, Bluetooth, and GPS are critical for mobile refurbishers because they help to ensure the functionality and performance of key components in a mobile device.
There are many different mobile diagnostic tools on the market, but mobile retailers must select with due diligence the one that offers thorough diagnostics capabilities and scalability of operations.
How to choose the right Mobile Diagnostics Solution?
When choosing mobile diagnostic software, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the diagnostics software for mobile phones is compatible with a wide range of mobile devices and operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux) so that it can be used to diagnose numerous devices.
- Features: Look for a DIY mobile diagnostics software that offers a comprehensive set of diagnostic tests including battery health, display functionality, audio quality, camera performance, GPS, and numerous other tests to gauge the functionality of the device effectively.
- Ease of Use: Choose software that is user-friendly and easy to use, so that it can be used by technicians with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Accuracy: Ensure that the software provides accurate and reliable smartphone diagnostic results so that you can be confident in the results you receive. The software must perform assisted and automated tests to be able to grade the device too.
- Reporting: Look for software that generates detailed and easy-to-understand reports, so that you can quickly identify any issues with the device and take appropriate action.
- Cost: Consider the cost of the software and make sure it fits within your budget.
- Support: Ensure that the software comes with adequate support and documentation so that you can get help if you encounter any problems or have any questions.
By considering these factors, you can find mobile diagnostic software that meets your needs and helps you provide high-quality devices to your customers.
BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics is the ideal solution that mobile refurbishers and resellers can effectively use. BitRaser Mobile can perform a series of 40+ assisted & automated tests to diagnose the health & functioning of Android & iOS mobile devices. The robust software also supports high-speed erasing and diagnostics of up to 40 devices at the same time. Each of the 40 + tests that BitRaser performs is important, however, the diagnostic tests mentioned above take precedence over all others. The software helps refurbishers, and mobile resellers improve the quality of the devices they sell and reduce the risk of customer complaints and returns.
Learn How to Use BitRaser Mobile for testing mobile devices based on Android and iOS:
What is a mobile diagnostic test?
A mobile diagnostic test is a test performed on a smartphone to determine the performance and overall health of the device obtaining an accurate analysis of device components such as the battery, camera, memory, microphone, GPS, Bluetooth, and so on.
How can I diagnose my mobile phone problem?
You can use BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics to diagnose your mobile phone. It can perform a series of 40+ assisted & automated tests to diagnose the health & functioning of Android & iOS mobile devices. BitRaser generates tamper-proof comprehensive diagnostic reports that can help you find your mobile phone problem.
How do I run a diagnostic on my Samsung phone?
Using BitRaser Mobile you can diagnose your Samsung phone. BitRaser supports all major brands on Android and iOS platforms like Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google, HTC, ZTE, Nokia, Huawei, BlackBerry, etc.
How do Mobile Diagnostics help refurbishers?
Diagnostic tests help refurbishers to assess the repair needs and make informed decisions about which devices are worth refurbishing, which ones need repairs, and which ones are beyond repair. This information can be useful in determining the cost of repairs and setting a fair market price for the refurbished device. Mobile Diagnostics tests can help refurbishers make data-driven decisions, streamline the refurbishing process, and improve the overall quality of refurbished devices.