This KB provides step-by-step instructions on “how to customize ISO file using BitRaser Drive Eraser" software. The process of customization helps in gaining operational efficiency with automation. You can deploy ISO using USBs or PXE seamlessly with minimal effort from your team. Follow these simple steps to ensure consistency and uniformity across locations.
Step 1: Log in to our secure server - www.bitrasercloud.com using your login credentials received post-purchase via email.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Profile Icon’ in the top-right corner.
Step 3: Click on ‘Customize ISO’.
A new window will prompt you for entering the password. Enter your password again to start the process of ISO customization.
Step 4: Choose the product’s ISO that needs to be customized.
Step 5: Follow the step-by-step process to configure the ISO as desired. This process allows you to pre-configure many data fields and functions.
- The first option is ‘General’ which allows you to choose ‘keyboard layout’, and ‘eject cd on boot’.
- Now, you can choose whether to perform- Hardware Diagnostics, Enable Screensaver or Write Fingerprint.
- You can also fill in customer and technician-validator details.
Step 6: Once done, click on the ‘Next’ button to go to the ‘Erasing’ tab.
- This section allows you to choose the erasure and, verification method for consistency of erasure standard across drives to be erased.
- You can also freeze the erasure method to ensure that the data wiping method is not changed by users while performing erasure.
- Other customization includes - RAID Dismantling, Remove HPA/DCO automatically, Erase Remapped Sectors, or even Auto Select All Media to Erase.
- The option to generate certificates individually or collectively is provided in this section.
- Moreover, using the erasure option, you can also define bad sector settings to save time on erasing drives that have bad sectors.
Step 7: Click the next button to go to the ‘Server’ tab.
- The hostname with server IP is pre-filled. You can enter the user name, and password to automate internet connectivity and save time. By enabling auto-connect to your BitRaser cloud account, you get access to your data erasure licenses.
Step 8: Click the next button to go to the ‘Network’ tab.
- This section helps in pre-selecting your desired network connection. The DHCP option is selected by default.
Step 9: Click on the next button to go to the ‘Custom Fields’ tab.
- The tab helps in defining default custom fields to capture required values for each device at the time of erasing it. These custom fields also reflect in the Erasure Reports. You can customize up to 20 fields.
Step 10: Click on 'Next' to save the custom fields and move to the following tab. Here you will find options to customize erasure reports with your company logo, watermark, technician details, and so on.
- Upload the logo as per the size dimensions mentioned (170X48 PNG).
- Similarly, customize the watermark (250X300 PNG) and Erasure Signature to 170X48 PNG.
- You may also include Validator’s Signature (170X48 PNG).
Step 11: Click on the next button to describe any further comments or notes about the present ISO configuration settings.
Step 12: You may also click on ‘Back’ to check or edit previous settings. Otherwise, click on ‘Create’ to kick-start the ISO creation process.
Step 13: 'Please Wait' message will flash on your screen while ISO customization is in process. Once done, download the ISO, and burn it to the USB using freely available software – rufus.ie.
- You cannot stop the ISO creation process when in progress. If you try closing the browser window/tab at this step or try logging in again to the ISO customization console, it will reflect an error. In such circumstances, have patience and let the process finish. Try to log in again after that for further alterations.
- The ISO customization console permits you to create up to three customized ISO files for download. If you try to create a fourth one, it will show an error message. In such a situation, delete an old ISO file by clicking on the extreme right delete button on the ‘Customized ISO’ tab.
Hope this article helps you accomplish ISO customization! Click on the following link for detailed instructions- Customize Bootable ISO Images.