This KB guides you to perform permanent data erasure on iPad using BitRaser Mobile Eraser software. The application runs on all iOS devices be it iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Air, & iPad Mini (all generations). The software can completely wipe data from iPad beyond the scope of recovery. It also gives the option to perform diagnostics tests on the iOS device.
BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics application is available in 3 variants including Linux, Mac, and Windows. In this KB we will learn how to wipe iPad on a Windows/Mac machine.
Stages to Securely Wipe iPad Using BitRaser Mobile Eraser
Please follow these stages to start wiping your iPad in less than 15 minutes.
Device to Wipe: iPad
Desktop/Laptop: To connect iPad for wiping
Operating System: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, macOS High Sierra (10.13) and above
- After purchasing, click on the application download link in your email and log in with the credentials you received. You can also download the setup file by going to the support section in your BitRaser Cloud Console.
- Once the ‘BitRaser Mobile Eraser and Diagnostics (Win/Mac)’ is downloaded on your machine, a new window will prompt with the option to Save or Open with Browser. Select the desired option and press OK.
- Start the BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics installer application. Click ‘Next’ to install the software.
- Once done, select the ‘Launch BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics’ check-box to start the application and click on the ‘Finish’ button to close the wizard.
- Post-launch, the application window will pop up. Fill in the UserID and password to connect to BitRaser cloud in order to get erasure licenses and initiate the mobile erasure process. Click ‘OK’ to proceed.
- Plug the iPad with a USB cable to your Windows, or Mac machine. ‘Trust this Computer’ message will be prompted on your iPad. Click ‘Trust’.
We hope this article has helped you securely wipe your iPad.
Important Note: Stellar periodically releases updates for BitRaser Mobile Eraser & Diagnostics software. New upgrades offer advanced functionality, feature, service, or information and boost your software performance. The latest software is available under the support section in the cloud console.