This KB provides step-by-step instructions on "how to wipe files, folders & volumes" using BitRaser File Eraser software. The tool helps in permanently erasing files, folders, internet browsing history, cookies, and other sensitive data from your Windows PC. These simple steps will help you erase sensitive data on your devices so that they cannot be recovered even by professionals in a laboratory. It helps maintain the privacy of individuals and supports organizations to ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
Steps to Wipe Files Using BitRaser File Eraser:
Step 1: Download and install BitRaser File Eraser.
Step 2: After launching the software, connect BitRaser File Eraser to the Database to centrally store erasure reports.
Step 3: Click Next to proceed. The Cloud Login tab appears as shown below. Enter your User id and password as received in your registered email address after purchase to login into bitrasercloud.com.
- Click ‘Skip’ if you do not wish to connect to BitRasercloud and want to store your reports locally.
- Enter the activation key to activate the BitRaser File Eraser software as received in your email.
Step 4: To perform File and Folder Erasure, You can select files and folders that you want to wipe using the following methods:
a) By Drag and Drop
Drag the file(s)/folder(s) from your system and drop them in the box as shown below:
c) By Search & Erase
- Click Search & Erase to find and erase specific files
- Write the name of the file which you want to search in File Name or if you do not remember the name of the file, you can search the file by an extension such as .jpg, .png, etc.
- Click Browse to select the location where you want to search the file.
- Click Search to initiate the search process and add the files to the erasure list.
The search results will be displayed.
Step 5: Click ‘Erase Now’ to start the erasure process. The ‘Confirm Erasure’ dialog box will be displayed to confirm the erasure action. Click ‘Proceed’ to continue or Cancel to abort.
Step 6: Process Completed window is displayed showing you the Erasure Summary of securely erased files.
After erasing files, BitRaser File Eraser software generates verifiable & certified reports. Select ‘Reports’ from the left pane of the screen to access all your reports. You are now rest assured that your files are permanently erased and free from any breach or leakage.
Note: You may also access your reports on the centralized cloud console if you have connected to the cloud account.