Business Need Following Were the needs of CompuCycle:
1. ERP-integrated data erasure service facility CompuCycle wanted to commission a "fully connected" ITAD service facility through a cohesive integration of the data erasure software with its existing Makor ERP system. It needed this integrated facility to automatically capture the storage hardware details in the ERP system in real-time before pushing the devices through the data erasure process line.
Through this setup, the company wanted to continue their erasure service facility in the same tandem to record the asset details, perform drive erasure, and manage the inventory in a single workflow. This integrated facility was crucial for the organization to deliver fast, scalable and automated data erasure service.
2. Ground up support for system integration To fulfill this project, CompuCycle needed BitRaser team to provide solution consulting, ERP system integration with erasure, and on the ground deployment. The company was expecting proactive and dedicated support, along with efficient execution in order to achieve this goal within the set timeframe.Challenges CompuCycle faced the following challenges:
1. Technical limitations of the existing data erasure software CompuCycle was using multiple data wiping tools like Blancco®, Softthinks®, and Tabernus® at that time when it determined the need for a more efficient data erasure software with Makor ERP integration. These software tools allowed limited integration with the ERP and did not support the end-to-end operational outcomes expected from the desired data erasure facility.
The company was on the lookout for a software that could serve its data erasure needs in the most cost-effective manner with scale and efficiency not compromised; while also assimilating impeccably with the ERP.
2. Lack of solution consulting & technical support from the vendor CompuCycle needed technical consultation and support for end-to-end integration of the data erasure software with ERP. However, the company did not receive the necessary focus and responsiveness from their existing deployment vendor to understand its business needs and IT infrastructure. These were essential components to formulate the optimal solution strategy.
CompuCycle was also concerned about the existing vendor's approach towards handling the project and faced a few challenges concerning the estimation of efforts.
CompuCycle team and Stellar® jointly explored the benefits of BitRaser – the data erasure software from Stellar for erasing loose hard drives, laptop & desktop PCs, and servers.
BitRaser Account Management team engaged with CompuCycle operations team to understand the requirements. It gathered minute details of the organization's needs, challenges, and expectations with the project.
Based on the product & domain due diligence, the team came up with a plan for deploying the BitRaser Drive Eraser Admin Console* variant – a tool with potential for 100% integration & interoperability with Makor ERP and the existing IT setup of CompuCycle.
Stellar deployed a dedicated team specializing in the BitRaser product line. This team comprised of an account manager, solution consultant, and software developers, took the following approach to fulfill the needs of CompuCycle:
1. Requirement Understanding This was a crucial early-stage engagement with CompuCycle, wherein the BitRaser team gathered extensive inputs from the client organization. The team traveled to Texas to gather a firsthand insight into the system architecture at the data erasure facility of CompuCycle.
2. Customized Development: Based on the gathered inputs, it was evident that seamless integration with the ERP and operability over a networked erasure process would require customized product development. Stellar allocated the resources to scale & augment the existing BitRaser product line into a more comprehensive solution - deployable over a local network and compatible with modern business systems. This was a humongous development project at the outset, involving proprietary research, product development, software prototyping, and testing.Benefits
1. BitRaser team adopted a highly transparent and communicative approach, which helped maintain the optimal flow of information throughout the project span. Upfront and proactive communication helped in identifying any imminent obstacles beforehand and addressing them efficiently. The communication strategy also helped iron out the challenges earlier faced by the CompuCycle team.
2. Technical support was another key benefit called out by the client organization as a clear distinction from any other solution it had tried before. BitRaser customer support team played a pivotal role in addressing the client-side queries throughout the deployment and post-deployment stages.
3. Flexibility in the overall fulfillment of the need, from strategy & consulting to project planning and execution, was the third major benefit noted by CompuCycle. The client organization expressed delight in the overall approach the BitRaser team adopted to fulfill its expectations.
"Extremely satisfied with BitRaser for sanitizing our hard drives. It is wonderful to have a software company that meets & often exceeds our expectations."
Clive Hess, EVP
Client: Brass Valley, Inc.
Brass Valley, a Boston-based ITAD uses BitRaser® to attain e-Stewards compliance with single solution offering data erasure, integrated hardware diagnostic & reporting.
Client: Cear Inc
BitRaser® successfully helps a Californian ITAD company to scale up their data wiping operation with cloud integration.
Client: eLoop, Inc.
Pennsylvania-based ITAD attains secure, scalable, ERP integrated data erasure operations using BitRaser® Admin Console.
Client: Projeto EcoTecno.
BitRaser® helps Brazilian ITAD Company to deliver fast, sustainable, and globally compliant data erasure service.
Client: Arlington City Council.
BitRaser® helps Arlington City Council perform Secure and Compliant Wiping of PCs containing CJIS Data.