BitRaser® Drive Eraser - Multiple Deployment
How to Wipe Multiple Hard Drives Simultaneously?
This guide provides easy-to-use instructions on how to wipe multiple hard drives at once using BitRaser Drive Eraser software in "Multiple deployment" mode. The tool provides a "plug-n-play" utility for erasing up to 100 hard drives mounted in a storage rack through a simple and efficient process.
The instructions are broken down into three stages to getting you a fast and practical way to wipe multiple hard drives simultaneously with minimal efforts through the following stages:
Stage 1 (One-time)
Provides the steps to download the software ISO image file from BitRaser cloud
Stage 2 (One-time)
Provides instructions to create a bootable USB for wiping hard drives.
Shares the steps to wipe rack-mount hard drives using BitRaser software through bootable USB.
These instructions help you to wipe multiple drives in less than 10 minutes.
Note: Total wiping time will vary as per the hard drive type, storage capacity, and erasure standard.
Wipe multiple hard drives using BitRaser bootable USB media
Follow these steps to erase several hard drives simultaneously:
- Step 1 Gather all the hard drives and mount them in the storage rack.
- Step 2 Connect the storage rack to a display device.
- Step 3 Plug the bootable USB media into the storage rack.
- Step 4 Power ON the system and enter the Boot menu by pressing the applicable Function keys for your device.
- Step 5 Select the USB Device option and press Enter.
- A screen with BitRaser Dual Boot Menu will appear after the host computer boots successfully.
- Step 6 Select BitRaser and press Enter to initialize BitRaser Drive Eraser.
- The software Home screen will appear, listing all the hard drives, including the built-in & USB drives connected to the host machine. The interface will display the number of licenses left as '0'.
At this stage, you need to connect the host machine to the Internet and log in to BitRaser cloud for acquiring licenses for wiping the rack mount hard drives, as follows:
- Step 7 Click the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Step 8 Click the Network tab in the Settings window.
For Ethernet, follow these steps:
- Select the Ethernet radio button.
- Select the Host machine in the Configuration dropdown menu.
- Choose Automatic (DHCP). All other fields will be auto-populated.
- Click Connect.
For Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Select the Wireless radio button.
- Select the Host machine in the Configuration dropdown menu
- Select the wireless network in the SSID Name dropdown menu
- Enter the wireless network password and click connect
- Step 9 Next, click the BitRaser Server tab in the Settings window
- Step 10 Enter BitRaser cloud URL, login user name & password. Click Connect
- The software will automatically acquire licenses from your BitRaser cloud account. You would be able to see the License Left count on the bottom right corner.
- Step 11 Select the checkboxes for hard drives you wish to erase.
- Step 12 Select the Erasure Method from the dropdown list on the bottom of the screen and click Erase.
- A confirmation message will pop up to start wiping the hard drives.
- Step 13 Click 'Yes' to start wiping the hard drive.
- The software will start erasing the hard drives, displaying the progress.
- After wiping the hard drives, the software will generate digitally signed reports for all the erased hard drives and save them automatically on your BitRaser Cloud account.